Distressed Manor House Secretary Desk
EFC80934Regular price $3,720.00
Having found this secretary's desk was so exciting! I had very recently seen it in a California farmhouse and it was stunning and I was so worried that it was a real antique and that I would never find one like it. I've always searched for unpretentious, user-friendly, realistic French Farm pieces and found them hard to find .... voila! This piece is painted with a distressed white finish and small drawers that reveal themselves when the top is folded down and brass door pulls and handles. This pinewood built secretary offers you three large drawers below, the landing surface for writing, small drawers within, and three tall cabinets above, and crowned at the very top, is a clock, that would match well with an old fashioned Swedish grandfather.
The way I saw this used was in someone's guest bedroom where they moved it right beside the bed so that guests could use it as a place to check email and work there if they needed to. The drop-down surface also doubles as a side table. It's such a stunning piece it will stand alone on any wall with a comfortable armchair positioned at its side.
In days of old, originally these secretary desks were used by a secretary of an estate, who would handle all the bills and business affairs if it was a large household. As years passed and the industrial revolution came, and people started to work away from home, these old secretary desks became heirlooms.
The idea of a secretary desk is that usually, the furniture is taller than it is wide, and also compliments a desk with built-in drawers and cabinets with doors up above. The writing surface is normally connected by a hinged panel and is accessed by lowering it down flat from the top to create your writing surface.
ALL THE SPECIFICATIONS
- Dimensions: 51"L x 17"W x 95"H
- Materials: Pinewood, MDF, iron
- 1 AA required for clock
- Ships by Truck.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Wipe using a soft, dry, lint-free cloth or a soft brush to remove debris from crevices
- Blot to remove spills immediately
- Do not use abrasive or harsh chemicals to clean as this may damage the finish
*Everyday FREE Curbside Delivery
We offer FREE Curbside Delivery on all orders over $100 and more within the contiguous United States.
On small items, this includes a no signature required parcel delivery.
Everyday FREE Curbside Delivery for orders over $100 within the US
On small items we ship UPS regular parcel delivery where some expensive products may require your signature.
For large items, a Free signature-required curbside delivery is made outside of the home with no stair carries or debris removal.
For FREE SHIPPING CURBSIDE on Freight Shipped Items (and the opportunity to upgrade)
The freight carrier will call you at the number you provided to set up the delivery appointment. Please be aware that the drivers will not bring the shipment into your home with our standard FREE freight shipping. This FREE shipping is curbside only; the carrier will arrive, remove the item from their truck and leave it for you at the curb, not your porch. The reason for this is because long-haul truckers make these deliveries and their freight trucks are generally way too long to maneuver and turn around in private driveways. At this time, you will need to inspect your purchase before signing the delivery paperwork. It is your responsibility to get the item from the curb into your home. (Upgrade to White Glove is an option and must be arranged for before shipping)
*Premium White Glove Delivery Service is Required
Please note that many of our larger, heavy, and/or fragile items including chandeliers, will require Premium White Glove Delivery services in order to be shipped. They are not able to be dropped curbside. Premium White Glove includes placement in your home, set up, and debris removal. One flight of stairs carry up. Please make sure you have measured prior to ordered to make sure your furniture will fit thru stairs, entry doors and interior doors. Someone will call you to set up delivery.
|$299||Two or more items|
Premium White Glove.
Stair carry for up to 1 flight of stairs.
2 person in-room placement and debris removal.
Freight White-Glove Delivery Obstacles
Obstacles to Delivery: Please let us know of any barriers or challenges so that we can let our drivers know about them ahead of time, such as access to your neighborhood, gates, difficult-to-navigate or long driveways, elevators, or multiple and narrow flights of stairs - additional charges might apply in these situations. Please avoid unnecessary return costs by making sure your piece of furniture will fit thru your doorways and stairways before purchasing.
If a product is out of stock or on backorder, we will email or call you with an estimated ship date. We understand if it is a time-sensitive purchase, and you can't delay. Please just let us know. Otherwise, we hope you can wait with us. Occasionally there are delays in delivery due to delays of containers at customs or backups in production. If this is the case, you will be alerted when we are made aware that a problem exists. Please feel free to contact customer service at email@example.com or call us at 206 359 0810 if you need to verify stock information before ordering.
Delays to your delivery where the item needs to be stored can accumulate storage fees for which you will be responsible.
Canceling an order and altering a shipping address once placed
Once an order has been placed, we typically do not modify or change the items on it. Be sure to contact us immediately with any change requests to see if they are possible. We can still discuss the options and fees with you that would apply post-shipment. (Fees do apply for typos, mistakes, or misspellings in your shipping address that requires address changes made with the carrier.)Tracking
Shipping times and your actual delivery date may vary due to factors beyond our control, such as warehouse processing time, carrier delays, etc.
Stocked items usually ship within 2-5 business days, unless otherwise noted. Once shipped, we will send you an email with a tracking link to know when to expect delivery. Shipping We have a 10-day return policy, which means you have ten days after receiving your item to request a return.
Your tracking number may not show any movement at first: Please allow 2-3 business days for tracking information to update. When the label is created, you will receive a tracking number, so please allow additional time to leave the warehouse.
For custom made-to-order items, once the item is in production, the order can't be cancelled. Please be sure that any questions you may have, have been answered before placing your order. These items include French Market Collection pieces.
Wait times for backordered items: The estimated dates vary per individual product. When possible, we will provide the expected stock dates. Typically, we will call and let you know the stock date status.
Shipping outside the 48 contiguous states and Canada: We can ship some items to Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska; please call or email to find out the cost for shipping and to check out via phone with us.
Would you please let us know within ten days of receiving your order to process a return? Please see Options for Refund below.
Many of our items do not qualify for the return.
- Assembled and or modified items
- Custom-made or special-order items and all French Market Collection products.
- Opened materials
- Items deemed to be in used condition.
- Items without the original packaging
- French Market Collection furniture
- Product color variations are expected and normal and are not considered a defect. Settings on your monitor, laptop, iPad or cell phone, dye lots, your room's lighting can make an item appear a different color than when you viewed the product online. To reduce the potential for this outcome, please reach out and request a product swatch or additional images if you are ever unsure.
- Reduced or sale items
- Gift Cards
Requesting a Return
Please request a return by calling us at 206 359 0810 with your order number or emailing the request to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Options for Refund
- Option 1 - refund back to your original payment method; however, your return will be met with a 10% restocking fee and all shipping costs incurred by Maison de Kristine. If returned to the mfg., some mfg. have larger restocking fees.
- Option 2 - Choose store credit instead of a refund, and we will waive restocking fees.
Return Shipping Methods
- For Ground Shipments, We will supply you with a complimentary return shipping label. Please note that, if any, the original shipping cost to you and the return cost to us will be deducted from your refund.
- For Oversized or Freight Shipments - We can try to assist you with finding a carrier for your return. Those shipping costs will be your responsibility and is deducted from your refund upon receipt of your order. Please note that original shipping costs paid by Maison de Kristine will be deducted from your refund as well. Please note these costs may be very high.
For regular ground shipments, if your item arrives damaged, please take photos of the damage, both to the packaging and the product, and let us know within 48 hours of receiving it in an email to email@example.com. We will try to replace the damaged item immediately with a new one as long as qualifications are met.
When you submit a damage claim, please let us know at that time if you would prefer a replacement or refund. If your item arrives damaged but you would like to keep it, we may be able to work with you to come to a mutually agreed-upon partial credit to keep the item as-is or have it repaired. Let us know you would like to pursue this option when filing the claim.
Freight shipments PLEASE READ if Damages.
Please carefully check your shipment for damages before signing truck delivery paperwork. If damages are visually noticeable to the product or packaging upon delivery, please refuse the shipment with the driver, note any details on the carrier's paperwork and contact us immediately at 206 359 0810. You must note ALL damages on the DRIVER'S PAPERWORK at the time of delivery for your claim to be accepted. If you, after the fact, notice damages, you must retain all packaging for inspection by the freight carrier. Without any indication of damages on the initial delivery form, we cannot guarantee your claim will be accepted.
Keep your original box and packaging until you've finished your inspection and deem the product in good condition.
Refunds can take 1 or 2 weeks to process, depending on the season. We will notify you via email if your refund is accepted and when your refund will be issued. Refunds are issued back to the same purchasing card and are usually posted in your account within 1-4 business days.
If you paid with your:
- Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
- Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is requested shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction, so you're never charged. If we cannot cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
Please note that no outbound or inbound shipping charges will be refunded or incurred by Maison de Kristine.
All returns must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn with tags, in the original packaging.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we'll send you a complimentary return shipping label. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return questions at email@example.com.